4.25.2009

Happy anniversary!

Tomorrow (April 26) is my mom and dad's 29th wedding anniversary. This year, 7 days from my own wedding, I am thinking of them with more understanding than ever before and with awe for the strong, steadfast commitment they made to each other in their vows. 

The story of a family is made up of love, and time, and memory. Laughter around a dining room table, tears around a gravesite, long drives in a minivan, chores on Saturdays ... For me and my three siblings, at the heart of all of those things are two people who chose to stick it out through hard times. They still steal kisses in the kitchen, they still argue over laundry and dishes, and they are still married. I am so grateful for my parents' anniversary. 

May my life with Patrick mirror yours together. I love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment