4.07.2009

A crier

This is one of my all time favorite photos from one of my all time favorite weddings. This is Gabie and Dave's wedding, when all in attendance were shocked to see tears streaming down Gabie's face as she walked down the aisle. You see Gabie rarely cries. But there was something about what she saw in Dave's face as she made the walk that forced her emotions to the surface. I was moved. This may be my favorite moment of that day.

We all know that, yes, I am a crier. I cry on pretty much every occasion (joyful, sad, mad, tired). But the reason I posted this image today is that I feel like it explains why we went to the trouble of planning a big wedding instead of jetting off to Honolulu or some other fabulous place to make it official (which has lately seemed like a much easier option!).

You see the way Martha (to my right in the photo above) is watching Gabie and Dave? That is love. That is pure joy and well wishes for them. There are so many people who have helped form us into a couple these seven years, and I wouldn't want to promise my life to Patrick without their eyes watching, without their hearts witnessing what they helped solidify.

So, bring your kleenex people! 25 days!

2 comments:

  1. Awww I loved my wedding, too!

    You'll cry for many reasons that day! And I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you weren't the only one crying when Gab started! (and you won't be the only one on your day either!) can't wait...

    ReplyDelete