3.28.2009

Oh to be crafty ...

Above is another sneak peek. This time, it's our ring pillow, created by Lynn (my very crafty mom). The subject of this post is not about how crafty I am. Nope. It's about a recent discovery, and that is: I am not a crafty gal. I do not cut straight lines. I do not like measuring or gluing or precision. This is why backing all of our table numbers with colored paper nearly drove me over the edge. And this is why I shall not be a crafty, sewing kind of wife who scrapbooks. At least, not in the way of anything with straight edges or fine details -- and not until I've endured some training.

In fact, I should not be allowed to repair even a button at this stage of my skill. I sewed a button back on my pink winter coat a few months ago, and it is so far from where it is actually supposed to be that when buttoned the coat looks like maternity garb. The point of this post, I guess, is that I think it's important to recognize what you should not take on as a bride. Crafty details are great, but sometimes it pays to shell out the dough for pre-cut paper or pre-made place cards, etc. Or, in fact, skip it all entirely! The only things you NEED at a wedding are a bride and groom, people you love, good food, and good music! The rest is icing.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment