7.07.2008

If you build it...

I was inspired a few months ago. A Kohler commercial of all things! In the spot, a couple slams a faucet down on the table, saying "build a house around this." I thought, "weddings are like that too!" A memorable event can really hinge on one wonderful detail that inspires the rest.

For me, that detail came from my mom and future mother-in-law. They lunched. They brainstormed. They brought me green-glass Ball jars from an old farmhouse basement. The rustic feel combined with the elegance of antique glass perfectly married country and estate, a theme that is now helping me through color schemes, gowns, and flowers. Gallon-size jars will hold flower centerpieces. Smaller versions will dangle from patio trees as lanterns, and others will hold votives on tables and mantles.

No comments:

Post a Comment