12.19.2011

It's about to get very real up in here...

So. Yeah. About this blog. Woopsie.

More than a year after my last post, I think it's safe to say that one of the number one most important things to remember about married life is that it's always changing, that there will always be a new challenge, that it's always the thing you'll choose over a hobby. Last year the challenge was a significant increase in responsibility in my work life. Combined with a very long commute, the time involved kind of overtook me. Instead of continuing to post, I continued to be present in my marriage.

That garden I mention below? We had a great harvest! The paneling? It got painted! (Hallelujah!) And many other big house projects were crossed off the list. Instead of blogging, we went out to fancy and not-so-fancy dinners. We added closets to our master bedroom. I got a promotion. We went to a concert and on a vacation. We celebrated holidays with our families.

And we made a baby.

We moved to a new house in a new city.

And we welcomed our sweet son Hugo Michael into the world on September 19, 2011.

So, that's what I've been up to. Talk about some real married life.

No comments:

Post a Comment