9.25.2008

Planning paralysis

So. It's been a while. I know. Sorry! However, I'd like a minute to explain myself. You see, I'm feeling currently a pinch of "1-2-3 over it" syndrome, also known as denial or procrastination. Patrick and I enjoyed a pleasant, playful, engaged summer. It was largely free of detail-talk and wedding conversations. We put the guest list aside, I danced around in wedding gowns with my sisters for a few weekends and blissfully perused wedding blogs and magazines. Constructing daydreams --which are, by the way, free from any form of decision-making -- is way more fun than ACTUALLY planning something.

Alas, it is now late September. I decided a few weeks ago to check in on my handy "what you should be doing this month" checklist. "Uh-oh," I said, and went back to the business of checking things off of lists.

I must sheepishly admit that I've been slightly cranky about the whole business since then. We reopened the guest list can of worms. Ugh. That was about as fun as eating dirt. And we need to order bridesmaids dresses. So many to choose from! And I just got off the phone with a very perky florist who has lots of great ideas!!! (extra exclamations to convey the level of perkiness) But are they mine? Is that what I want? Will I really care on the day of the wedding? Are we really going to spend that much on flowers? Oooph.

So. It's been a while. But I'm back on track. And we have lots of work to do. Today, listening to Happy Perky Florist, I decided: I am EXCITED! Vooten for my wedding! Wahoo for the next 219 glorious days! I promise to be more active on this blog. Seriously.

1 comment:

  1. Yippee! Your beloved stalkers are happy to have you back, too :)

    ReplyDelete